Need Food?

Need Help?

If you and your family are skipping meals, please know that the Storehouse is here to help. Going hungry impacts your health, the educational success of your children, your ability to focus, and more. 

The pantry is usually open to the public from 9 am to noon Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Sometimes we are closed for the holidays, so please check the calendar below to be sure.

Our pantry is located at 106 Broadway Blvd SE in downtown Albuquerque, just south of Central. 


  • Bring a photo ID. You will be asked to fill out paperwork during your first visit. This will include information about yourself and the members of your household who need food.
  • We serve on a first-come, first-served basis. The Storehouse is in compliance with the Civil Rights Act.
  • Please leave pets at home. Only service animals are allowed in the Storehouse because we handle food. During your first visit, please bring paperwork showing that they are your certified service animal.
  • Our team and volunteers will work with you in a respectful manner and we expect the same in return. You will be expected to be kind to our staff, our volunteers who generously give their time, and other clients. You will be asked to review and sign our Code of Conduct during your first visit. If you do not follow the rules, we have the right to refuse you service.
Storehouse February 2022 Hours
Storehouse February 2022 Hours
Volunteer helping pack nonperishable food into a box for New Mexico families in need at the Storehouse food pantry

How The Storehouse works

  • Clients can come to the Storehouse once per calendar month. Please come with a photo ID.
  • We rely on donations from the community for operational funds as well as food. The Storehouse is not a governmental program.
  • We provide packed boxes and bags of canned and shelf-stable foods, meats, dairy products, and any fresh fruits and vegetables we have on hand. Our goal is to provide a full cart full of food for each household, but what we give depends on the donations and what we have on hand. 
  • Every effort is made to provide our clients with well balanced nutritious meals. If we have pasta sauce, we try to also provide pasta and a salad, for example.
  • If you are home-bound, you may ask a friend, family member, or a case manager to receive food on your behalf. Paperwork is available at the Storehouse. You can call 311 for more information on how to get connected with a case manager.  
  • Companies and organizations who donate food are protected from criminal and civil liability under the Good Samaritan Food Donation Act. Our work at the Storehouse falls under the coverage of this legislation. Read more about the Federal Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act.

Wrap-Around Services


Low-Income Water and Solid Waste Credit

Assistance with paying water/solid waste utility bills is available to those who own their home (are paying towards a mortgage), are current on their bill, and meet income guidelines listed on the application.

The Storehouse works in cooperation with the Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority for the Low-Income Water and Solid Waste Credit (LIC) program. The application is available HERE.

The Storehouse funciona en conjunción con la autoridad del agua y residuos sólidos para el programa de bajos ingresos de crédito (LIC). La solicitud está disponible AQUÍ.

If you are a tenant, you may call Rio Grande Food Project at 505-967-8983 for assistance.

Benefits-Connection-Center-Helps Seniors

Benefits Connection Center

The Benefits Connection Center helps low-income seniors (65+) and people with disabilities (21+) in New Mexico connect to benefits programs like SNAP, Medicare, Medicaid, SSI, and more. This service is offered free of charge to you, thanks to a grant from the National Council on Aging (NCOA). The Benefits Connection Center works to make the process as simple as possible, cutting through the governmental red tape and getting you the services you need. Download a Benefits Connection Center flyer to learn more. 


Pet Food Pantry

The Storehouse understands that people also struggle to feed their pets. We offer a Pet Food Pantry on the third Friday of every month. The Veterinary Care Animal Hospital (VCA) helps provide food for dogs and cats. This food is also subject to donations so clients can receive food for either a dog or a cat, and availability of pet food is not guaranteed. Clients can choose to receive food for their family on the same day as pet food or can choose to just pick up pet food.  


United Way of Central New Mexico 2-1-1

If you have other needs, please call 2-1-1 or visit their database.

Other Local Food Resources

The Storehouse works collaboratively with other hunger organizations. The ultimate goal is to help the people of New Mexico who are missing meals and going hungry get the food they need. If our operational hours don’t work for you and your family, Roadrunner Food Bank has a helpful list of other resources and also a map to help you find food.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement 

For all other FNS nutrition assistance programs, State or local agencies, and their subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410

(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)        email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.