Volunteers are needed at the Storehouse to help pack food boxes for people in need. Do you have the time and want to help? Then, consider volunteering at the Storehouse this winter. We need your help to meet the increased demand for food. We are working hard to serve the public and keep everyone safe. Today, that means we are packing food boxes to go. That may include shelf stable goods, fruits, vegetables, meats, and dairy products. If you would like to volunteer, call (505) 842-6491 to schedule a day and time when you can help.
We must comply with health orders and to keep our staff, volunteers, and clients as safe as possible. To that end, we have a new process for volunteers.
Current Volunteer Guidelines
– Face masks that cover your nose and mouth are required at all times.
– A temperature check and symptoms survey are required upon entry, every time you come to volunteer.
– Volunteers need to be able to commit to a scheduled weekly shift (at least 2 hours). This helps us better manage our needs and limits everyone’s exposure to mostly the same group every volunteer day.
– While families groups are welcome to volunteer together, we are only able to accept volunteers 15 and older. This makes mask wearing, sanitizing and distancing rules simpler to enforce and allows us to get more work done with a limited number of people in the building.
– We can schedule no more than 8 volunteers for one day.
– Groups should be limited to 5 people or smaller. A larger group may be accommodated with proper notice and current scheduling.
Volunteers Needed, but Hard to Find
With the pandemic limitations, volunteers have been hard to find. Especially ongoing volunteers. If you are healthy and have time, we could use your support. Many hands make for lighter work. Volunteers are needed today and for the next several months.
Thank you for your help and support!